Judgment Enforcement

The legal system can be a bit daunting if you’re not familiar with it. Our handy judgment enforcement guide can help.

Why do I need judgment enforcement?

You can take action to collect an outstanding debt either in the County or High Court and if successful you obtain either a County Court judgment (CCJ) or a High Court judgment.

It’s not the courts job to collect the money you are owed. If you are the successful party and your debtor does not pay within 14 days you may need to take judgment enforcement action to recover your debt.

How do I enforce a judgment?

That’s where we can help. If you have a County Court judgment (CCJ) over £600 the quickest way to recover your money is to instruct one of our High Court Enforcement Officers to recover your debt through the High Court.

Why should I transfer my debt to the High Court?

If you use our ‘transfer-up’ service we take care of everything. Because we’re experts in judgment enforcement, it’s a hassle free way for you to get what you’re owed fast.

Best of all it’s free. The only cost to you is a £66 court fee to obtain a writ of control, which we’ll need to get things moving.

What should I do next?

To transfer CCJs and start the process of recovering your money today, fill in our online transfer up form.

We’ll also need a cheque payable to ‘HMCTS’ for your £66 court fee, you can send this to:

High Court Enforcement
Helix, 1st Floor
Edmund Street
L3 9NY

You can learn more about judgment enforcement on our dedicated page.

Download our brochure

If you want a chat with someone about your enforcement options call us on 08450 999 666 to find out how we can help.