HCE prides itself on exceeding expectations, providing a rigorous and attentive client service and recovering money from debtors in an ethical and professional manner.

We are constantly striving to improve our service. With your feedback, we can evolve further whilst continuing to deliver unparalleled client service.

Complaints procedure

If you feel our service has not met your expectations, please follow the steps outlined below.

What to Expect
We aim in the first instance to try and resolve your concerns over the phone. Failing that, we will ask you to submit your complaint in writing, outlining your grievance (you may have already done this).

In order for us to fully investigate your complaint we ask that you provide the following information:

  • Your full name
  • Your business name
  • Your home and business addresses
  • Our reference number
  • Parties in the Writ
  • Date(s) our officer called to your address
  • A clear statement of your complaint (why you are aggrieved)
  • Any documentation you feel will be useful in support of your complaint
  • An indication of what you are looking for to satisfy your complaint


We would ask that you stick only to the facts and avoid speculation.


We will aim to acknowledge your complaint within 24 – 48 hours.


Our Complaints Officer will carry out a full internal investigation regarding your complaint.

Some complaints are complex in nature so please allow up to 21 working days for a full written response.

What if I disagree with the Complaint Officer’s response?

Should you disagree with the response, your complaint will be referred to a Group Director for a final decision.

What if I diagree with the decision?

If you are not satisfied with the outcome there are two options open to you:

  • Complain to the High Court Enforcement Officers Association at this address:

High Court Enforcement Officers Association
Drake House
Gadbrook Park

Please enclose all correspondence from you to us and from us to you, to ensure the Association has a full picture.

  • You may seek legal recourse through the Courts. You may wish to obtain legal advice for this course of action.

General Guidance Notes

We will not investigate any complaints regarding the following:

  • Complaints that are awaiting an outcome from the courts
  • Complaints that are of a frivolous or vexatious nature
  • Complaints about other High Court Enforcement Officers
  • Complaints about other Enforcement Agencies

All correspondence concerning your complaint should be addressed to:

The Complaints Officer
High Court Enforcement Group
Vaughan Thomas House
141 Walter Road